Monday, January 24, 2011

Wrapper Box

We have so many rolled up papers here in our house, from gift wrappers to blueprints, that I get irritated whenever they are just stashed inside our cabinets. I couldn't see which wrappers or catolina we still have and ended up buying new ones. Since I love organizing things now and then, I decided to have a container for our rolled up papers. Before, I was thinking of buying the container but when I saw the empty TV box outside our room, I knew it was calling out for me to do another project. 

So, here is my Wrapper Box inspired by a circus. *play music: Circus by Britney Spears* I was actually singing the song while I was putting the stars :)



Materials:
1. used box
2. cartolina
3. packaging tape
4. steel ruler
5. double-sided tape
6. craft puncher (optional)
7. glue







Step 1:
Get your unused box (preferably a big tall one like a flat screen TV box). Try to put in your tallest rolled-up paper inside the box and see if the box height is tall enough. As you can see in the picture, my wrapper is a little taller so I have to make use of the flaps and remember not to cut it.   

Step 2: 
Cut the box to your desired dimension. I wasn't able to take a picture while I was on my knees cutting the box, so here is just a template on how I measured and cut it (click to see larger image). Just score the line divisions and NOT completely cut it.

Step 3:
Once you have cut out the dimensions for both the body and the cover, assemble it using packaging tape so that it would look like this.







Step 4:
Wrap your box using cartolina and design it!
I made use of blue cartolina and gold foil paper because that was what we had. For the design, my sister insisted on putting hundreds of small stars around the box, so I did it with her help. She punched the stars using the craft puncher and I pasted it one by one on the box.

The finished product! 
Now, that's a wrap! It looks like a magician's box! It's totally rad for a storage box. :)


2 comments:

  1. this is perfect for my drawing plans & tracing papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lych=cool. i like. :D -pbs

    ReplyDelete