Tuesday, February 1, 2011

World's Greenest Homes

I love shows that feature interesting homes. It makes me want to have my own house, owning 3 or more, so I could have different themes for each house (daydreaming)! Well, I wanted to be an architect wishing I could create different structures that I like, but I eventually didn't choose that path. But when I saw World's Greenest Homes on Discovery Travel and Living Channel (TLC), it made me think, what if I pursued architecture? I'll say I'd specialize in building eco-friendly structures.

from http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/worlds-greenest-homes/

While I was watching an episode, it made me think that eco-homes are feasible in the Philippines. We only have the wet and dry season so we don't need to worry about building a heater for the floor to warm our feet and such. Installing solar panels and the collection of rain water in homes are already big help. Using recycled materials for the home structure will save you the cost and still serves its purpose. Who knew car tires could be recycled and could look like slate material? There are already a few architects here who had built and are building green structures, which is a good thing. They should venture more into these kinds of projects and recommend it to their clients. However, building an eco-home should be quite an investment because eco-friendly doesn't only mean recycling, but also using natural and renewable materials. But hey, it's a good investment for the future which will eventually cut down your expenses and help save the environment!

Watch the show and you'll realize how inspiring it is! The show proves that being eco-friendly doesn't always mean looking recycled or junk; eco-friendly can also be beautiful!

Catch it on TLC every Sunday 6:00-7:00pm.
Replays on Wednesday 10:00-11:00am and Sunday 12:00-1:00pm

2 comments:

  1. LYCH!! so this is where you went huh.. nawala ka kasi sa tumblr eh. :(

    wow archi! haha i'm also wondering rin what if i took up archi instead of marketing... mainly because OC ako sa house i want to live in, i want it to be perfect! ambisyoso eh noh? hahaha and dahil kay tom hansen sa 500 days of summer :( hahaha jk! :P fan ka rin pala ng solar-powered homes and recycled rain water :D apir! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dom! yup, deleted my account in tumblr na. :)

    yeah, i think too much MTV cribs and envying those amazing houses we see on TV! hindi lang isa ang dream house, 2-3 houses na!

    ReplyDelete