Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Magazine File

Organize your papers, magazines, catalogs and others with this do-it-yourself magazine file! 


I love collecting all kinds of papers, from colored papers to catalogs. So it's very important for me to organize these collections on my table or inside my cabinet. This is perfect for your office or study table because I'm sure you have a lot of scattered papers! You can even hide a magazine or a book for your break during work hours. 


Read on to see how easy it is to make this. :)






Materials:
1.  empty cereal box
2.  ruler
3.  pencil/pen
4.  cutting mat
5.  colored papers
6.  scissors
7.  cutter
8.  glue









Step 1:
Flatten your cereal box and cut off the top flaps. 
Or you can just cut out the flaps using scissors without flattening it. So you could skip Step 2.

I'm a little OC so I chose to flatten it and make use of a cutter instead of scissors.

Step 2:
Glue the bottom flaps.





Step 3: 
Put a mark on the back, front and one side panel where you will cut the box. On the side panel, approximately retain the bottom half. On the front and back, just connect with a diagonal line the markings on your side panel all the way to the other corner of the front/back part.
I placed a circular marking for design. 

Step 4:
Now, cut the box following your markings.






Step 5: 
It will look like this. 
Next, cover it up with colored papers and design it!

Viola! The finished product!
Put in your papers and other things in the magazine file to clear up your table! Now, they are stylishly organized on your desk! Looking for those papers is now a breeze. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is great to hold my millions of magazines! And since they can be personalized, I can even label them according to the names of the magazines or the topics of my magazines.

    ReplyDelete